Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Experimenting with Mist

This month assignment for made with love, the design team got to play with various mediums; from ink, mist to paint. For this week, I choose to experiment first with mist (tattered angel glimmer mist, maya road mist and shimmer spritz - trying everything).

Usually I would spray abit of mist here and there or on chipboard elements, but for this week's project I decided to try misting the cardstock to create my own pattern paper (and had fun combining the different colors together). I've been seeing various works by a lot of amazing scrappers out there, but never got around to trying it out till now...

Photobucket
[Basic Grey - 2010 New Beginnings]

Misted the white cardstock with the various colors, on some I combined multiple colors whereas on other cards, kept it to one and added some embellishments/rubons.

[removed for publication]

The picture below of us, isn't that great (not focus) but just couldn't resist using it still, for some reason the pictures of us together are really hard to find...

[removed for publication]

You really have to see this layout in person, with all the glimmer mist used... this layout is one stellar glimmer! and finally using my basic grey nook & pantry papers (been hoarding these for a while now).

[removed for publication]
supplies used include:
cardstock: bazzil (kraft), american crafts (white); pattern paper: basic grey nook & pantry collection; rubons and overlays: hambly; chipboard alphas and elements: american crafts; mini sticker alphas: jenni bowlin; brads and buttons: american crafts; pin: maya road; punch: martha stewart; mist: maya road mist (yellow), tattered angels (burnt red, carmel; spanish moss, forest green, marshmellow), shimmer spritz (treasured hymn); stamp: stamping bella; others: baker's twine

and here's another layout... that I did of my mother. We took this picture over the new year trip in thailand at hua hin and I think it was on the way back to bangkok that we stopped by this tourist place where old buildings had been preserved and decorated with old furniture. My mother isn't really cooking here, but maybe remembering the days when she was young and when that particular dessert was easier to find...

Photobucket

and finally got out my studio calico kit (october kit)... but still added some of my own goodies too, like the crochet flower below... just love love love this!

Photobucket

Photobucket
supplies used include:
cardstock: american crafts; pattern paper: basic grey (red, brown), october afternoon (yellow); rubons: hambly; flower centers: prima; pin: maya road; mist: tattered angels (artic blue, carmel); chipboard letters: american crafts; stamp: stamping bella; others: baker's twine
inspired for: Studio Calico Sketch Challenge and by Nicole Harper amazing work

Thanks for stopping by again and a special thanks to everyone for your support on my goodies.

16 comments:

  1. WOW sweetie, your pages are so, so amazing!! I love the misting you did on the top layout, it looks amazing! I may have to scrap-lift that layout....lol!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear how much you had trying out missing the way you did here !

    fabulous results indeed ! & great designs as always !

    I love the Treasured Hymn Spritz, I'm not sure why ! & I've almost finished my pot of Pixie Dust Blingz in 6 weeks ! that's a happy problem ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeks there's a bit of typo in the earlier sentences ! sorry ! in a bit of a rush here ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you use mist. I am inspired to use mist in my layouts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woweee!! Love the misting effect, babe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow ... they are so nice~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these layouts are lovely, but the first one is absolutely outstanding. What detail, what work you put into it. Just gorgeous.
    Did I know you were a SC subscriber? You should be on their design team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of the misting!! I really haven't done too much of that! May have to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work with the misting. you just know how to WOWW us with each and every project of yours. ..
    and i have to say it was really nice meeting you at mwl. you are such a lovely person ;) luv,-jaz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not very good at the misting thing, your pages are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definetely loving the misting!! They are gorgeous. Loving both of your layouts alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the misting!!!!!!! Great lo's!!! I love the all so much!!!! Especially your picture with Ruben!!! Fabulous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo... nice.. simple and nice..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pages! Fyi, your New Beginnings page is the featured layout in Two Peas!! Yay!! *huggies*

    ReplyDelete
  15. you've made pschiiit also ! 2 so "magnifique" layouts ! Bravo !

    Céline from France

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a huge fan of mists. I love, love what you have done with them here! Great colours too! I also really enjoy what you do with pins. I just can't seem to find my way with those things!

    ReplyDelete